the First World War Eleftheria was
located in the same place where this settlement lies at present.
It was the barracks of the English and French troops. And in that
wooden barracks in 1920 the refugees from Pontos were settled.
on after the catastrophe in Asia Minor, refugees
from all over Asia Minor were accommodated there until
this date, in 1936 the refugees who were still there established
the settlement of Harmankioi which
means in Turkish "Threshing Place"
because this was its use during the Turkish conquest.
1924 it was named Eleftheria after Eleftherios
Venizelos who visited the place.